[L5]: Further hints

Isxek Dryze

Jun 16, 2014, 10:31:06 PM6/16/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've gotten past "pronouncing" the thing and "extracting" what's needed.
However, making sense of what was extracted has proven difficult.

Any hints how to further unravel this challenge?

Thanks,
Isxek

Jeremy

Aug 2, 2014, 7:16:29 AM8/2/14
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
Make sure to look at the structure of the data first.

You'll find that many of the numbers add up to a particular number.

Once you find that out, the data pretty much tells you what to do.

Brett Monson

May 21, 2015, 6:37:19 PM5/21/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
I printed the data structure and have been thinking about it for a week now.  I see several similarities across the rows, including last two values, sum of each row, frequent blocks of numbers equal to the first value in rows 3-9, but I am at a loss for how the data tells me what to do.  I explored ways that a row might inform how to transform into the next, looked for hidden messages, etc. and I'm just stuck for ideas of things to try.

braini...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 6:35:38 AM5/25/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
You must know by now that it was a list of lists of 2-tuples.  The tuples consist of a single-character string and an integer.  What if that represented n-repetitions of that character, and what would it look like if we joined those strings together and printed them?

Brett Monson

May 26, 2015, 7:35:02 PM5/26/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
so obvious in hindsight, thank you.