[L7] Incorrect Values?

Trey Duskin

Jul 7, 2015, 8:37:12 PM7/7/15
to python-c...@googlegroups.com
(redacting anything that might be too spoiler-y)

I'm trying to work out puzzle 7.  I've gotten as far as understanding that I need to interpret the grayscale line into numbers and convert them to ascii, but I can't get it to be anything legible.  I got frustrated and looked up the solution, and I am doing everything right, but I'm not getting the same values from PIL.Image (Pillow) that everyone else is getting.  Could the PNG have changed server-side?  I am getting a PNG of mode 'RGB' and not 'RGBA' which is what everyone else is getting (e.g. 4-tuple pixels instead of 3-tuple).  Is something wrong with my Pillow?

dummy doo

Jul 30, 2015, 6:01:27 AM7/30/15
to Python Challenge, tr...@wilcoweb.net
no, i can't imagine that. it worked for me about 6 months ago.
maybe an encoding issue?