CFFI 1.0.2 released

Armin Rigo

May 22, 2015, 7:39:25 AM5/22/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

CFFI 1.0.2 has been released.

Variadic C functions (ending in a "..." argument) were not supported
in the out-of-line ABI mode. This was a bug---there was even a
(non-working) example doing exactly that in the docs!

Armin Rigo

anatoly techtonik

May 24, 2015, 7:43:53 AM5/24/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com, ar...@tunes.org
Could you reupload the wheels? pip on Windows detects 1.0.2-2 tar.gz > 1.0.2 whl and tries to build tar.gz instead.

Armin Rigo

May 25, 2015, 12:13:16 PM5/25/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anatoly,

On 24 May 2015 at 13:43, anatoly techtonik <tech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you reupload the wheels? pip on Windows detects 1.0.2-2 tar.gz > 1.0.2
> whl and tries to build tar.gz instead.

Thanks for the report! I also got
https://bitbucket.org/cffi/cffi/issue/194/cffi-102-102-2-version-swap-breaks
in the same vein.

The 1.0.2-2 hack was an attempt to fool pip into accepting the very
same binary wheels, because exactly nothing in them changed since
1.0.2 (the only changes where tweaks to the docs and the tests, which
are not in the binary wheels). Well, the lesson is that this hack
failed. I've re-uploaded the "1.0.2-2" source to 1.0.3 now. We just
have to wait again for reaperhulk to re-upload binary wheels for
Windows (thanks reaperhulk for doing this!).

A bientôt,

Armin