Install cffi on AIX 7.1

Oscar Pacheco

Aug 24, 2017, 6:22:04 PM8/24/17
to python-cffi
Hello

I tried to install cffi on AIX 7.1 using xlc_r and gcc with this last one I got the following error

root@test[../python/] /opt/freeware/bin/pip install cffi
Collecting cffi
  Using cached cffi-1.10.0.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qmaxmem=16384'
    gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qmaxmem=16384'

        No working compiler found, or bogus compiler options
        passed to the compiler from Python's distutils module.
        See the error messages above.
        (If they are about -mno-fused-madd and you are on OS/X 10.8,

Is there anything that I need to modify ?

I installed the packages from perl site

Thanks in advance !

Oscar Pacheco

Armin Rigo

Aug 25, 2017, 4:30:54 AM8/25/17
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 25 August 2017 at 00:22, Oscar Pacheco <scar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qmaxmem=16384'
>
> No working compiler found, or bogus compiler options
> passed to the compiler from Python's distutils module.
> See the error messages above.

The error sounds generic: on your particular platform, you might get
the very same error with any ``setup.py`` for any other package when
trying to call the C compiler.

I would recommend looking around general Python forums like
https://wiki.python.org/moin/CompLangPython or the IRC channel
"#python" on irc.freenode.net.

A bientôt,

Armin.