Does CFFI work on Windows 64-bit with the 64-bit SDK compilers?

Paul Moore

Dec 1, 2015, 7:04:22 AM12/1/15
to python-cffi
I'm trying to set up a build on Appveyor for a simple test project using CFFI. The project is basically just a wrapper round a simple Windows API call, based on the example in the manual. Appveyor only has the Express edition of Visual Studio 2010, but it also has the MS SDK, so it should be able to build 64-bit executables.

I'm getting some weird errors, though, which look like it's compiling the wrong version of the code, or something. Before I do any further debugging on my setup (it's a PITA trying to tweak the setup for appveyor, and I don't have a SDK installation locally to work with), I just wanted to check that cffi is expected to work with MSVC 2010 and the SDK compilers.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Moore

Dec 1, 2015, 9:58:40 AM12/1/15
to python-cffi
On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 12:04:22 UTC, Paul Moore wrote:
I'm getting some weird errors, though, which look like it's compiling the wrong version of the code, or something. Before I do any further debugging on my setup (it's a PITA trying to tweak the setup for appveyor, and I don't have a SDK installation locally to work with), I just wanted to check that cffi is expected to work with MSVC 2010 and the SDK compilers.

I found an example of a non-CFFI Python module that I could test with. I'm getting similar issues with that - it looks like there's something wrong with my appveyor config.

Sorry for the noise.
Paul