pysdl2-cffi 0.8.0

Daniel Holth

Jun 1, 2015, 11:30:35 PM6/1/15
to pytho...@googlegroups.com
Just did a bunch of hacking to get pysdl2-cffi 0.8.0 working with cffi 1.1 on OSX, Linux, and Windows, including Appveyor-built Windows binaries for CPython and automatically installed SDL2 dll's. It was a little tricky passing all the platform-specific distutils Extension arguments to the places where ffi.set_source() is called, and adjusting for slightly different include paths per platform, but the result is compatible with the older examples I have from the dlopen() version of the binding.

I'm impressed by how quick it is to import the new extension, but most of all I'm delighted at how much faster it is at runtime in CPython.

Thanks for the great cffi package.

Daniel Holth