Re: [Buildbot-devel] Buildbot meetup somewhere in EU?

Daniel Rus Morales

Jul 15, 2013, 5:24:17 PM7/15/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, Dustin J. Mitchell
Hi everybody,

I copy over here Dustin's message (Dustin J. Mitchell is the author of
Buildbot, for those not familiar with the product, it's the Continuous
Integration Framework written in Python and used by many well known products
like Chromium, Python, Twisted, NodeJS, etc).

He will be in Belgium at the beginning of October and would be a great
opportunity to organize a meetup around Buildbot somewhere in Brussels.

What do you think?
Does any of you have space in the office to host the meetup?

Daniel

On Monday 15 July 2013 17:00:43 Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> Hey EU folks!
>
> I'll be in Brussels in early October for the Mozilla Summit, and I'd
> like to take some time beforehand to gather nearby Buildbot users and
> developers.
>
> I'd love to sprint for a day or so, but I'm very open to other ideas,
> too. If there are related events going on, it'd be great to
> piggyback. I'll hopefully also be meeting with at least one Python
> user group.
>
> I'm fairly agnostic as to the location - happy to fly or take the
> train - but we should agree on one location.
>
> Opinions? Ideas?
>
> Dustin

Jonas Geiregat

Jul 15, 2013, 5:51:29 PM7/15/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

This sounds like a great idea! Do you have any exact dates ?

I think getting a space to host this event at the ULB won't be an issue. Our friends from AFPY could help us with this!

Jonas.

Daniel Rus Morales

Jul 15, 2013, 6:14:32 PM7/15/13
On Monday 15 July 2013 23:51:29 Jonas Geiregat wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> This sounds like a great idea! Do you have any exact dates ?

4-6 of October.

> I think getting a space to host this event at the ULB won't be an issue. Our
> friends from AFPY could help us with this!

ULB sounds good!!
Could you please check with them?

Thank you!

Daniel
--
Daniel Rus Morales - http://danir.us
Independent Software Engineer

Laurent Peuch

Jul 15, 2013, 6:42:14 PM7/15/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
> > I think getting a space to host this event at the ULB won't be an issue. Our
> > friends from AFPY could help us with this!

Yeah, we can use the local hackerspace of the ULB to do that. Just
keep in mind that we need to make this reservation at least one or two
week before.

Make sure to contact us on time for that.

(I'm from UrLab and I've organised one afpyro-be).

Cheers,

--

Laurent Peuch -- Bram

Dustin J. Mitchell

Jul 15, 2013, 10:12:01 PM7/15/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com

> > This sounds like a great idea! Do you have any exact dates ?
>
> 4-6 of October.

Well, I will be at the Mozilla summit on those days.  Before that will be best add I am planning to arrive in Brussels on 30 sept or 1 Oct.

Dustin

Steven Reekmans

Jul 17, 2013, 5:09:08 AM7/17/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, dus...@v.igoro.us
Well Daniel, you know I like this idea :)