Fwd: [Afpy-membres] Dernier appel pour PyParis 2017 - 12&13 juin

Ludovic Gasc

Jun 7, 2017, 2:05:17 PM6/7/17
to afpy...@googlegroups.com, PythonBelgium, python-belgian-user-group
Hi,

The e-mail is in French, but the conference is in English.
You have a promo code inside.

By the way, I will give a keynote and a tutorial during this conference.

Thanks for whom will come.

See you soon.
Oct 17, 2017, 8:10:21 AM10/17/17
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, afpy...@googlegroups.com, PythonBelgium
Hello Pythonistas,

As we won't have a meeting room in FOSDEM.
Is it possible to have a meeting during FOSDEM?
A room nearby?
It would be nice to talk about Python on Saturday or Sunday evening.
I don't know Brussels very well, so I can't help finding the place.

If you find the place, I can bring 100€ in beers/snacks to help the
meeting effort.

Best Regards,

Nilo Menezes

--
-------------------
Nilo Menezes (@lskbr)

Olivier Le Thanh Duong

Oct 21, 2017, 9:15:35 AM10/21/17
to afpy...@googlegroups.com, Nilo Menezes, python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, PythonBelgium
Might not have time for a hackaton but I'm in for a drink or a dinner.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM Hugo Herter <account+pyt...@hugoherter.com> wrote:
Hi Nilo, Pythonistas,

I would definitely enjoy a traditional Python dinner on Saturday evening, and I am ready to help organizing it.

Would people be interested in a 1 or 2 days hackathon/sprint just before/after FOSDEM as well ?
I see many communities doing it and I am ready to organize that if enough people are interested.

Greetings,

Hugo HERTER

hugoherter.com

Ludovic Gasc

Oct 22, 2017, 2:56:12 PM10/22/17
to afpy...@googlegroups.com, Nilo Menezes, python-belgian-user-group, PythonBelgium
Hi Pythonistas,

Sorry for the long silent, we are still discussing with FOSDEM organization to know what we can do or not for 2018.
I have personally discussed a lot with the two main organizers to improve the situation in the future.

For now, we will have:
  1. A virtual python-devroom: It means we will promote Pythonists to propose subjects in all devrooms+main tracks and we will have an alternative schedule that we will publish on: https://python-fosdem.org/
    BTW, if you know interesting speakers and you want to contact them, don't hesitate to ping me, I will add you in the mailing-list.
  2. A stand: Not yet 100% sure, I still need more volunteers to handle it. If you are interested to help us, send me directly an e-mail.
  3. Obviously, the dinner is a very good idea.
  4. Any other idea, like a hackathon.
For me, even if we are sad to not have a physical python-devroom, it's a very good opportunity to show in a positive way that Python is everywhere and the resiliency of Python is incredible ;-)

At the same time, for me, it's very important to keep a good relationship with the FOSDEM organizers, because it's an amazing event, that is unique in Europe.
To say in another way, if you have good ideas to promote Python during the FOSDEM, it's very cool, and don't hesitate to contact me to be sure we don't have overlaps.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
Lead Developer Architect at ALLOcloud

Hi Nilo, Pythonistas,

I would definitely enjoy a traditional Python dinner on Saturday evening, and I am ready to help organizing it.

Would people be interested in a 1 or 2 days hackathon/sprint just before/after FOSDEM as well ?
I see many communities doing it and I am ready to organize that if enough people are interested.

Greetings,

Hugo HERTER

hugoherter.com

Jonathan Slenders

Nov 9, 2017, 12:25:20 PM11/9/17
to Olivier Le Thanh Duong, afpy...@googlegroups.com, Nilo Menezes, PythonBelgium, python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm in for the dinner as well.

Ludovic: if you need volunteers for the stand, I can probably do it for 1 or 2h. (Preferrably not too much, and if possible on the same day as the dinner) What do you expect exactly?

Jonathan

Le 9 nov. 2017 14:24, "Olivier Le Thanh Duong" <oli...@lethanh.be> a écrit :
Might not have time for a hackaton but I'm in for a drink or a dinner.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/afpyro-be.

Ludovic Gasc

Nov 13, 2017, 3:26:17 AM11/13/17
to python-belgian-user-group, Olivier Le Thanh Duong, afpy...@googlegroups.com, Nilo Menezes, PythonBelgium
Hi all,

I'm in for the dinner as well.

Hugo is interested in to organize the dinner, it's OK for me.

Ludovic: if you need volunteers for the stand, I can probably do it for 1 or 2h. (Preferrably not too much, and if possible on the same day as the dinner) What do you expect exactly?

I will do slices of two hours and put that in a schedule. Not special things to do, the main point is to be present on the stand during the slice, answer to the questions, and maybe sell goodies.

BTW, if you have ideas or you want to help to find goodies, raise your hand ;-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Python Belgian User Group - pyBug" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/python-belgian-user-group.

Ludovic Gasc

Jan 27, 2018, 6:11:33 PM1/27/18
to python-belgian-user-group
Hi Jonathan,

How are you ?
For the stand, I need your GSM number for FOSDEM organization.
Could you give me yours ?

Thanks.

Have a nice week-end.

--