Buildbot - Ghent - 1st October 2013

Jonas Geiregat

Aug 21, 2013, 8:06:41 AM8/21/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Fellow Pythonistas,

As promised the next PyBug meet up will be about Buildbot.

Dustin J. Mitchell is kind enough the join us for a talk about his continuous integration tool.

After Dustin's talk I was hoping to expect some lighter lighting talks by some of the
PyBug memebers. If you have something you want to share with us please do and
mark yourself as speaker at our lanyrd account.

As mentioned at the previous meet up, please try to share and talk as much as possible
about this event. Let other people, who are wandering in the dark, know there is in
Belgium a Python community, that is very much alive !

If you're planning on joining us or give a small talk please mark yourself as participant
at our Lanyrd page!

Information:

Date: 01/10/2013 - 19h00

Address : Whitespace - Blekerijstraat 75 9000 Ghent

Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2013/buildbot/

Jonas.

Jan Fabry

Aug 22, 2013, 2:52:03 AM8/22/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Can we also talk about our own Buildbot implementations, if they are more advanced than the "standard" setup?

Jan

Dustin J. Mitchell

Aug 22, 2013, 2:56:15 AM8/22/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com

I would love that - it's common at pycon us.  The risk is that it quickly gets into details and can alienate those not familiar with Buildbot.  So this may be best left until after the other lightning talks.

But yes, that sounds great.

Dustin

Steven Reekmans

Aug 22, 2013, 9:37:47 AM8/22/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, dus...@v.igoro.us
Looking forward to this! :)

Maarten Huijsmans

Aug 26, 2013, 7:08:06 AM8/26/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, dus...@v.igoro.us
I'll start thinking about a lightlightingtalk

Dustin J. Mitchell

Oct 1, 2013, 11:53:18 AM10/1/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com

In here.  The space is in a large set of spaces, and is on the top floor, nr 1.21.

Dustin

Kenneth Hoste

Oct 2, 2013, 8:05:13 AM10/2/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

My slides from yesterday's meeting are available at http://users.ugent.be/~kehoste/PyBUG_lightning_talk_20131001.pdf .

Dustin his slides are available at http://people.v.igoro.us/~dustin/buildbot-media/pybug2013/ .

Thanks to everyone who was attending, it an interesting night!

regards,

Kenneth

Dustin J. Mitchell

Oct 2, 2013, 2:52:51 PM10/2/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Kenneth, for the lightning talk, and everyone (particularly
Jonas and Daniel) for inviting me. And further thanks to Jonas for
giving me a long ride to Brussels.

If any of you find yourself visiting the states, please let me know!

Dustin

Dries Desmet

Oct 2, 2013, 3:17:32 PM10/2/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, dus...@v.igoro.us
Well, thank you Dustin for giving the talk. For me personally, it was a bit out of my scope being a small firm doing django websites, but I nevertheless enjoyed it very much. You are obviously doing a great job on Buildbot and I'm happy I got to know it a bit. In my eyes, all people that spend that much time on an open source project that is so actively being used, are no less than heroes. Keep up the good work.

I got a brother living in the US, so who knows. One day I might wonder around there too.

Dries Desmet.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Dries Desmet

URGA | creatieve communicatie

Zuiderlaan 69
8790 Waregem
t 056 61 41 94
m 0477 68 68 34
in...@urga.be
www.urga.be

Jeroen Dierckx

Oct 3, 2013, 4:11:49 AM10/3/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, dus...@v.igoro.us
Thanks Justin and Kenneth for the talks! Very inspiring.
Thanks Jonas.

Best regards,
Jeroen