Presentation - meeting 02/08/2013 + some more consideration

Franco Minucci

Aug 3, 2013, 12:15:14 PM8/3/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
as I said yesterday it would be nice to share the presentations, so here it is mine. :)
After the meeting of yesterday I came home with a lot of enthusiasm.

I think at this point a few things remain open:
 - Make a legal entity (vzw? I don't know how it works in Belgium).
 - Make a real website + logo + decide a name
 - Spread the voice around that we exist

In particular for me:
 - Try to catch the python users in imec
 - ask for the auditorium or a big meeting room (or even the cafetaria) for the next event

About the language split in Belgium, I hope that at least for this group it will have no influence.
Only today I read the emails about the groups in Belgium where the linguistic division pops up as an issue.
Aandacht maakt macht
right?

So, I am very happy about the meeting of yesterday, I will be very happy to attend the next one.
I think my next presentation will be about Pygame :-)

Enjoy the good weather and have a nice evening!

Franco

snake_in_the_lab-v0.1.pptx

Jeroen Dierckx

Aug 4, 2013, 4:29:07 PM8/4/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
eendracht, Franco, eendracht maakt macht ;)
but you are right, for sure
imho the question is who wants to do what ... i propose to start a new
thread on the mailinglist to answer this.

anyway
slides of my talk as well, graphics are fubar and still 1.2MB :(

thanks again to the Mobile Vikings for the food, drinks and location!
thanks to all who were there, great evening

best regards,
Jeroen
> --
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/python-belgian-user-group.

The next iteration of your GUI_lightning_reduced.pdf

Steven Reekmans

Aug 4, 2013, 4:58:09 PM8/4/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all for coming to Hasselt.
I was very pleased to see so many had come, and from so different backgrounds!

For the future, well let's talk it over in the thread created by Jonas a while ago:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/python-belgian-user-group/DSGxKtL4q4M
I am in favor of doing more meetups (in any form: talks, hackathons, drinks, ...), more locally as well.
For us as Mobile Vikings, well we really have the commitment from some of our devs, me includes, and from higher level managment, to organise more things.
We are not experienced in full blown conferences, but small events like the bbq we can manage :)

Please keep sharing events, small or big.
Keep sharing code.
This way we keep this alive, and spark a very good community!

Kind regards,
Steven

Brecht Machiels

Aug 6, 2013, 3:13:29 PM8/6/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've attached my slides as well. I'll make RinohType available soon so people can give it a try.

I'd also like to thank MV for hosting the event (together with a nice BBQ and all). Too bad I didn't have time left to try the pool :)
Thanks to everyone for the presentations and talks. Already looking forward to a next installment.

Cheers,
Brecht
> email to python-belgian-user-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
RinohType_PyBUG.pdf