create an Android App accessing TensorFlow through the Python API

Alberto Inuggi

Jan 6, 2017, 11:35:11 AM1/6/17
to Python For Android
Dear all

I'm new to python, so I could have misunderstood the way python incorporates external modules and how p4a actually works..
I may have to create an Android App able to train a TensorFlow model through the Python TF API.
An already trained TensorFlow model can be queried by Android Java through JNI, but to train such models, the Python API are much more complete and powerful that the java/c++ ones.
So I would like to use the python api  to access the TF engine and I would like to deploy my python code plus all the tensorflow libraries to Android
Does p4a can do that?
thanks in advance
regards,
Alberto

Alexander Taylor

Jan 13, 2017, 3:02:36 PM1/13/17
to Python For Android
p4a doesn't have any support for tensorflow right now, and I'm not really sure how difficult it would be to add it. If the Android build is just like the one on the desktop (just normally needing the java interface due to being on Android), then it should be possible, but I don't know what tensorflow's distribution process is like, or how easy it would be to make a p4a recipe for it.

Alberto Inuggi

Jan 18, 2017, 7:13:34 AM1/18/17
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alexander.
Thanks for your answer.
I will possibly explore this. In case, I will let you know..
Cheers
Alberto