Packagin modified Kivy

Jacek Blocki

Mar 31, 2017, 6:31:16 AM3/31/17
to Python For Android
I need to package a Kivy version I have modified locally. What is the best way to do that with Python For Android? Standard recipe attempts to download Kivy from github, how to make it use the local version?
BR, Jacek

Alexander Taylor

Apr 1, 2017, 9:36:07 AM4/1/17
to Python For Android
You can set the $P4A_kivy_DIR environment variable to point at your local version. You'll also need to clean any existing builds, and possibly delete the package cache.

Jacek Blocki

Apr 12, 2017, 3:40:43 PM4/12/17
to Python For Android
P4A_kivy_DIR works during initial build, if you want to modify local kivy again you need to delete ~/.local/share/python-for-android build and dists and rebuild everything which is time consuming. I have modified p4a and submitted pull request (localrecipe branch). Now if P4A_force_build is set recipes with P4A_{}_DIR defined are rebuild.
Jacek