NDK version r11c supported

Ye Roger

May 9, 2016, 6:18:33 AM5/9/16
to Python For Android
I want to know what is the latest NDK version supported. I want to build python for 5.x or above because the position independent issue. The build of API level below 21 cannot run on Android 5.x or above. Is the latest NDK r11c supported by Python For Android?

I got the below error message, when I try to build for API level 21 with NDK r11c.

Entering in x86 environment
Error: Please report issue to enable support for newer ndk.

Ye Roger

May 9, 2016, 11:42:08 PM5/9/16
to Python For Android
Here is the error message that I got when I built Python using API 19 on Android 5.1.1.
# /data/local/python/bin/python
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.