p4a-build script to ease development cycle

Kamath Laxminarayana

Jul 8, 2017, 6:43:07 AM7/8/17
to Python For Android
4:03 PM (less than a minute ago)
Hi,
    I go through a p4a compile-install-run-debug cycle several times in an hour sometimes, So I just wrote a script to ease it. You may find it useful, though you will need to go through it and customize it for your environment and pattern.

    It expects these things :
  • The main script files and assets to be under an src folder under the project folder
  • a "p4a-build.conf" shell script to customize the environment variables
  • run p4a-build.bash project_name version [code_dir]

It Generally gives a prompt like this ..
    c to Compile
  l to list private.mp3 contents from unshake2-3.3-debug.apk
  i to install unshake2-3.3-debug.apk to phone
  r to run installed app
  d to run logcat
  q to quit

Well, you can figure the rest. Longer documentation over here:

and code over here:

You are most welcome to build upon it, convert it into a more powerful python script, Put a GUI around it, etc.

Cheers!
Auto Generated Inline Image 1