Building for x86

Marco Mariani

Jan 2, 2015, 11:22:09 AM1/2/15
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have a branch that builds python-for-android for either ARM or x86, with a -a flag to distribute.sh

I have not tested an x86 APK yet, will do ASAP
Still missing:  igraph, ffmpeg, psycopg2; the other recipes should work.

Any comment or review is welcome, especially for increasing the chances of a merge :-)

Also, I did not touch (yet) the src/jni/application/launchConfigure.sh script, what's its purpose?
Where is it called from? I found no reference to it.

Regards,
Marco

Ye Roger

Apr 26, 2016, 10:11:47 PM4/26/16
to Python For Android
I am new to this. It seems the current build doesn't support x86 architecture. This is what I am looking for. Has anybody tested this?

Alexander Taylor

Apr 27, 2016, 12:08:21 PM4/27/16
to Python For Android
The current python-for-android toolchain does support x86, with the `--arch=x86` flag when calling python-for-android. Most things should work as normal, though a few recipes need modification.

The original email you replied to predates the new toolchain and this arch support.