Is it possible to create an apk for a Python command line app

Jean-Pierre Schnyder

Nov 16, 2017, 11:25:57 AM11/16/17
to Python For Android
I am coding a console app on my smartphone using QPython 3 for Anoroid and with Pycharm on my pc. The app runs in the Python console and let me enter multiple requests at the command line to fetch on-line data. Is it possible to build an apk with Python for Android to distribute this app which has no graphical user interface ? Thanks for your answer.

Jean-Pierre

Alexander Taylor

Nov 19, 2017, 10:02:34 AM11/19/17
to Python For Android
So it's not that you want no graphical user interface, but a terminal interface? In this case the answer is that it's technically possible, but there's no directly supported way to do it right now. The main options would be to program this in java and make it available as a bootstrap, or to program it in Python using (presumably) Kivy.

If you aren't aware of it already, the termux app may be able to do what you want.