New p4a doesn't work on my ubuntu desktop

David Liebman

Oct 7, 2015, 5:32:22 PM10/7/15
to Python For Android
I downloaded what I thought was the new python-for-android, but after building the package with "python setup.py install --user" , and the install finishing without errors, I still could not run either the command "p4a", or the command "python-for-android". Can anybody point out what I'm doing wrong? I'm running an updated Ubuntu 15.04. thanks.

As I say there are no errors when I run setup.py. I can't run "p4a recipes" because, for example, p4a isn't recognized by the system.

Alexander Taylor

Oct 9, 2015, 7:08:24 AM10/9/15
to Python For Android
Is ~/.local/bin in your PATH, and is the p4a executable there?

If no to the former but yes to the latter, that's the problem, and you can fix it by adding it to your PATH.

David Liebman

Oct 9, 2015, 8:08:35 AM10/9/15
to Python For Android
You are correct. Thanks. It's just a path issue. Thanks.