imaging.so error and pil recipe in new toolchain

David Liebman

Nov 28, 2015, 2:47:43 PM11/28/15
to Python For Android
HI. I'm working with python-for-android. I'm a little familiar with the old toolchain but I'm trying the new toolchain out. I heard somewhere along the line that if you get messages from logcat about failures with "imaging", that what you had to do was to add the "pil" recipe to the requirements. This actually worked for me on one or more occasion. Now I'm working with the new toolchain and there's no pil recipe. What should I do? The actual logcat error reads something like :

failed: dlopen failed: library "/data/data/org.myproject/files/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_imaging.so" not found

Alexander Taylor

Nov 29, 2015, 1:05:40 PM11/29/15
to Python For Android
What is PIL being used as a dependency for? It probably shouldn't be necessary unless you have a specific requirement for it.

Regardless, there isn't a pil recipe yet, you'd need to port it to the new toolchain. There are instructions at http://python-for-android.readthedocs.org/en/latest/recipes/ , and it probably will be similar to other existing ported ones.

David Liebman

Dec 1, 2015, 7:57:21 AM12/1/15
to Python For Android
Ok. Thanks.