size of assets/private.mp3

Ian Collins

Oct 24, 2015, 11:07:03 PM10/24/15
to Python For Android
Hi,
I'm trying to reduce the size of the apk file created by buildozer for my application.

The apk file is 8.4MB. Most of this space is taken by the assets/private.mp3 file (6.5MB)

I extracted the private.mp3 in the apk file and it contains, (just the 2 large files listed)

8.3M python2.7
6.5M python27.zip

Is this what is expected?

Thanks,
Ian

Filip Demaertelaere

Jun 4, 2016, 8:29:48 AM6/4/16
to Python For Android
Was wondering the same... have already done some research, but not yet found the real answer why there is python and the python.zip

Alexander Taylor

Jun 5, 2016, 8:32:35 AM6/5/16
to Python For Android
The private.mp3 should contain some othes things as well as the python2.7 folder and python27.zip (which should be in the libs dir). The python2.7 folder is the python file structure including in particular the shared object files (in lib-dynload) and installed packages (in site-packages). python27.zip contains all the python files, which are loaded dynamically from the zip.