Hide service from notifications

Ian Alexander

Dec 8, 2014, 12:20:52 PM12/8/14
to python-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently making an app with kivy which runs a background service to give the user a notification on a daily schedule.

To run the service I'm using AndroidService from python for android (see below)

if platform == 'android':
            from android import AndroidService
            service = AndroidService('ocean drops service', 'running')
            service.start('service started')
            self.service = service

However the problem is that when the service is started, a permanent notification is added to the users notification tray whilst the service is running.

My question is:
Using python for android is there anyway to start the service without creating this permanent notification?
Or alternatively should I use Pyjnius to implement this?

Thanks!
Ian