Using PyStruct to output Tree based on Text

Bruno Alano

Apr 1, 2016, 1:05:08 PM4/1/16
to pystruct
Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for this "simple" question, but I don't understand well Structured Learning. I want to know if it's possible given a text (list of tokens in stem/lemma form) to output a structured Tree. But I don't know how can I do that, which type of "y" I should fill.
Thanks.

Andreas Mueller

Apr 1, 2016, 6:25:16 PM4/1/16
to pyst...@googlegroups.com
Doing anything based on text is hard in PyStruct because it currently doesn't support sparse features.
Representing text using dense features is usually infeasible.

Also, outputting tree-structures is currently not supported, currently basically only graph labeling tasks are implemented.

It would be possible to do both these things within pystruct, but I didn't have the time to do so this far.

On 04/01/2016 01:05 PM, Bruno Alano wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for this "simple" question, but I don't understand well Structured Learning. I want to know if it's possible given a text (list of tokens in stem/lemma form) to output a structured Tree. But I don't know how can I do that, which type of "y" I should fill.
Thanks.

Bruno Alano

Apr 1, 2016, 8:45:56 PM4/1/16
to pystruct