Python 3.4 crash upon importation of models

sebasti...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 5:41:16 AM7/11/16
to pystruct
Hello,

I installed Pystruct on Windows x64 from Anaconda 3 64-bit (Python 3.4.5). I can import most modules but each time I try to import a model (pystruct.models) Python crashes with this non explicit message "Python.exe has stopped working". I followed the same installation procedure for Anaconda 2 32-bit (Python 2.7.11) and every example run fine (only that I have to set nthreads to 1).

Is anybody experiencing the same issue?

Best,
S.

Andreas Mueller

Jul 25, 2016, 1:54:25 PM7/25/16
to pyst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian.
How did you built the library? Is there an Anaconda pystruct package? I'm not aware of one.
It's likely to be an error in the compiling or linking.

Best,
Andy

sebasti...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 11:14:20 AM7/29/16
to pystruct
Hi Andreas,

I used the following sequence:
pip install https://github.com/andre-martins/AD3/archive/master.zip

pip install pystruct

conda install -c https://conda.anaconda.org/omnia cvxopt

I had VC2010 and MinGW installed. If I remember correctly the first one was used for compilation. The libraries all seemed to install fine but then Python crashed upon importation of any model.

Best,
S.