Storey and Tibshirani 2003 method for multitest.multipletests

Travis Wrightsman

Jun 28, 2021, 12:16:59 PM6/28/21
to pystatsmodels
Dear statsmodels devs,

I wanted to correct some p-values into q-values according to the algorithm described in Remark B of Storey and Tibshirani 2003 in Python. I didn't find any implementations so I wrote one based off of WGCNA's implementation in R and the paper remark. Is this something that you all would be interested in adding as a new method to multitest.multipletests? I don't see it in the current list of methods but maybe it is very similar to an existing one.

josef...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 1:22:48 PM6/28/21
to pystatsmodels
On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:16 PM Travis Wrightsman <tw...@cornell.edu> wrote:
Dear statsmodels devs,

I wanted to correct some p-values into q-values according to the algorithm described in Remark B of Storey and Tibshirani 2003 in Python. I didn't find any implementations so I wrote one based off of WGCNA's implementation in R and the paper remark. Is this something that you all would be interested in adding as a new method to multitest.multipletests? I don't see it in the current list of methods but maybe it is very similar to an existing one.

We cannot use code that has been based on or is a translation of R code.
The R package is GPL licensed which is not compatible with our BSD license.

I cannot say anything about the method yet. I will have to read up or it.
Maybe Kerby is familiar with it, he implemented related functions in multipletests.

Josef

Travis Wrightsman

Jun 28, 2021, 1:45:21 PM6/28/21
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
I see. It's not a direct translation, but even so it seems like my code
wouldn't be compatible with your license.

Jun 28, 2021 1:22:52 PM josef...@gmail.com: