about Time Series analysis

Palmer Ristevski

May 15, 2018, 12:02:33 PM5/15/18
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was curious to know if stats-models has implemented something in the realm of
time-series analysis called : Change-Point-Analysis.

If this is already implemented in some form in stats-models, please if you will
point me in the direction of where it is in stats-models.

Regards,

P.

josef...@gmail.com

May 15, 2018, 8:12:09 PM5/15/18
to pystatsmodels
There is not yet anything very systematic in this area.

Chad has a notebook with some outlier and level shift detection

The recursive LS model has a CUSUM test, but that's more for structural breaks in linear regression.

Chad has some code from an early GSOC project, but otherwise there isn't much yet.

Josef

Regards,

P.

Palmer Ristevski

May 15, 2018, 10:43:39 PM5/15/18
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josef,

Thanks for letting me know the extent that stats-models has for change point analysis.
The CUSUM test for structural breaks in linear regression , that would be of interest to me.

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it.

Regards,