R package, collection of statistical functions

josef...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2017, 9:29:52 AM9/30/17
to pystatsmodels
I just found this by chance. It looks like a good collection of functions with some that are missing in statsmodels but should be there, and some useful for writing unit tests.

with an impressively long list of contributors

quote: "The reason for collecting them here, was primarily to have them consolidated in ONE instead of dozens of packages (which themselves might depend on other packages which are not needed at all), and to provide a common and consistent interface as far as function and arguments naming,"

For some functions I only found verifying numbers for unit tests in published articles at two digit print precision, or maybe spread out over dozens of R packages that I don't know, or none at all.
Some functions are lingering in issues or PRs, where writing unit tests was often a major open problem.

aside:
Some functions or options are intentionally not included in statsmodels because they are "outdated", for example
PostHocTest: Fisher’s LSD, Newman-Keuls methods (they overreject, and I read nothing positive about them)
Scheffe is not included because I couldn't figure it out at the time I wrote the post hoc tests and multiple testing corrections.

Josef