josef...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 11:57:37 AM6/15/15
to pystatsmodels
back to statistics and biostatistics

even if we have a randomized trial, it might be better to adjust for covariates

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=efficiency+covariate+adjustment+randomized+trial&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1

I didn't read more than abstracts.
In the inverse probability weighting literature there was an earlier result that it's more efficient to use an estimated propensity score than a known propensity score (like randomization).

Looks like a "hot topic" where the literature for treatment effects for observational studies comes back to randomized trials.

(Just guessing)

Josef

josef...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 2:22:31 PM6/15/15
to pystatsmodels
related: treatment effects in randomized trials meet SCAD and LASSO
to combine the last two topics I went through.

Yuan, Shuai, Hao Helen Zhang, and Marie Davidian. 2012. “Variable Selection for Covariate-Adjusted Semiparametric Inference in Randomized Clinical Trials.” Statistics in Medicine 31 (29): 3789–3804. doi:10.1002/sim.5433.

Josef

Josef