ImportError: No module named 'statsmodels.tsa.regime_switching._hamilton_filter'

Aleksandar Karakas

Sep 26, 2016, 4:40:25 PM9/26/16
to pystatsmodels
Hello!

After the latest rebase of my branch [1] I am getting an exception [2]. According to GitHub my branch is up to date with statsmodels/master and statsmodels/master is passing all tests on GitHub.
Does anyone know where the problem is coming from?

Aleks

[2]
>>> from statsmodels import api as sm  # this line caused no issues before the rebase
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/.../statsmodels-yogabonito/statsmodels/api.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .tsa import api as tsa
  File "/home/.../statsmodels-yogabonito/statsmodels/tsa/api.py", line 25, in <module>
    from .regime_switching.markov_regression import MarkovRegression
  File "/home/.../statsmodels-yogabonito/statsmodels/tsa/regime_switching/markov_regression.py", line 13, in <module>
    from statsmodels.tsa.regime_switching import markov_switching
  File "/home/.../statsmodels-yogabonito/statsmodels/tsa/regime_switching/markov_switching.py", line 30, in <module>
    from statsmodels.tsa.regime_switching._hamilton_filter import (
ImportError: No module named 'statsmodels.tsa.regime_switching._hamilton_filter'

josef...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2016, 5:13:24 PM9/26/16
to pystatsmodels
I think you need to rebuild the extension after updating

python setup.py build_ext --inplace

and needs cython and a c compiler

Josef

Aleksandar Karakas