ambiguous spelling

josef...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 11:05:52 AM5/21/18
to pystatsmodels
Do we get consistent spelling?

collinear or colinear

I just realized that I changed my preference compared to 2015 and dropped many l's in a PR, while the function is called _fit_collinear.

multicollinearity seems to be in common use, not multicolinearity if that even exists

(co-linear sounds much better than col-linear, in 2018)

And an older one:
heteroscedasticity or heteroskedasticity

I think I converged to a 'c' a while ago.

Josef

josef...@gmail.com

May 21, 2018, 11:44:03 AM5/21/18
to pystatsmodels
On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 11:05 AM, <josef...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do we get consistent spelling?

collinear or colinear

I just realized that I changed my preference compared to 2015 and dropped many l's in a PR, while the function is called _fit_collinear.

multicollinearity seems to be in common use, not multicolinearity if that even exists

But we do have a
           `class ColinearityWarning(UserWarning):`
that warns about multicollinearity

and another one of my PRs from 2015
collinear: 48  counts
colinear: 0  counts