Add MCDA module to statsmodel

Shivanjan Chakravorty

Feb 23, 2018, 11:16:28 AM2/23/18
to pystatsmodels
Hello everyone,

I am Shivanjan Chakravorty, I am an 8th semester Computer Science Engineering student. I've been using Python as my primary language for quite a long time now. And I wish to contribute to pystatsmodel package for GSoC by adding all the Multi Criteria Decision Analysis methods listed in MCDA Wikipedia page here.  I wish to provide all the methods listed in the Wiki Page and make it a core part of pystatsmodel as this has a wide range of application in multiple domains. I am open to suggestions and discussion on this. Thank you.

josef...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 11:35:10 AM2/23/18
to pystatsmodels
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Shivanjan Chakravorty <schakra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am Shivanjan Chakravorty, I am an 8th semester Computer Science Engineering student. I've been using Python as my primary language for quite a long time now. And I wish to contribute to pystatsmodel package for GSoC by adding all the Multi Criteria Decision Analysis methods listed in MCDA Wikipedia page here.  I wish to provide all the methods listed in the Wiki Page and make it a core part of pystatsmodel as this has a wide range of application in multiple domains. I am open to suggestions and discussion on this. Thank you.

Hi,

AFAICS, this is not directly connected to any statistics or econometrics and so out of scope for statsmodels.

I'm not very familiar with this area, and have never looked for nor seen an operations research oriented package in Python.
Providing tools and models for the underlying statistical analysis is in scope for statsmodels, but not the decision support or optimization support directly.

Josef