cannot import AnovaRM class

yvonne....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 8:04:17 PM10/18/17
to pystatsmodels
Hello,

I'm trying to run the following import statement:

from statsmodels.stats.anova import AnovaRM

but I get this error message:

ImportError: cannot import name 'AnovaRM'

I am able to import all functions in statsmodels.stats.anova just fine (anova_single, anova_lm, etc) but not the class AnovaRM

I downloaded statsmodels 0.8.0 from the master branch on github:

pip install git+https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels

and am running it with the following versions of dependencies:

Python 3.6.0 |Anaconda custom (x86_64)| (default, Dec 23 2016, 13:19:00)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 6.0 (clang-600.0.57)]

numpy 1.13.3

scipy 0.19.1

pandas 0.20.3

patsy 0.4.1

cython 0.25.2

Any help or suggestions on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

josef...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 8:09:21 PM10/18/17
to pystatsmodels
AnovaRM is not in the 0.8 release, it was merged into master after 0.8.
So, you will need to install master to get it, but I don't know what the pip command for that is.

Josef

palm...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 6:42:28 PM1/16/18
to pystatsmodels
Hi there,
I just found this group.
I was wondering if there is any update on statsmodels inlcluding this in the main distribution, instead of having to grab from the GIT source.

Hope they have pushed this out properly to the public.

Paul