Introductory level Python for Statistics book

Thomas Haslwanter

Aug 6, 2016, 10:31:38 AM8/6/16
to pystatsmodels
It has taken quite some time, but now my book
"Introduction to Statistics with Python"
is finally available (http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319283159).

The corresponding source-code is on github
https://github.com/thomas-haslwanter/statsintro_python

While Python is very strong for advanced statistics and machine learning, I could not find any books that matched my requirements for my introductory
statistics classes. During the writing, I have been stunned by the helpfulness (and expertise) of the Python stats community, and I do hope
that this book helps to make statistics with Python popular also for non expert users.

If you like it, let other people know about it. And if you don't like it, or find any mistakes in it, please let me know - I am always grateful for feedback!
thomas

Skipper Seabold

Aug 6, 2016, 1:12:20 PM8/6/16
to pystatsmodels
Fantastic. Congratulations. Will certainly check it out.

Fernando Perez

Aug 7, 2016, 11:32:38 PM8/7/16
to pystat...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Thomas Haslwanter <thomas.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
It has taken quite some time, but now my book
"Introduction to Statistics with Python"
is finally available (http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319283159).

The corresponding source-code is on github
https://github.com/thomas-haslwanter/statsintro_python

Congratulations! Will be buying it, and I've also added it to the IPyhthon/Jupyter notebook gallery, in the "books and collections" section:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/A-gallery-of-interesting-IPython-Notebooks#statistics-machine-learning-and-data-science

Kiko

Aug 8, 2016, 2:53:49 AM8/8/16
to pystat...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Thomas Haslwanter <thomas.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
It has taken quite some time, but now my book
"Introduction to Statistics with Python"
is finally available (http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319283159).

The corresponding source-code is on github
https://github.com/thomas-haslwanter/statsintro_python

Congrats for the hard work!!