pandas FutureWarning datetools import

josef...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 12:37:17 PM12/20/16
to pystatsmodels
(I'm back to maintenance for a little bit)

Debian testing is still finding version incompatibilities in statsmodels 0.8

https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/issues/3332#issuecomment-268291991

/<<BUILDDIR>>/statsmodels-0.8.0~rc1+git59-gef47cd9/debian/python-statsmodels/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/statsmodels/tsa/vector_ar/util.py:115: FutureWarning: The pandas.core.datetools module is deprecated and will be removed in a future version. Please use the pandas.tseries module instead.
  import pandas.core.datetools as dt

related: numpy also has one type of FutureWarning

This code may break in numpy 1.13 because this will return a view instead of a copy -- see release notes for details.
  return seqarrays.view(dtype=seqdtype, type=seqtype)
ok

Does anyone know what the solutions are?

It looks like we need to fix 0.8 a bit more so it's not kicked out of the next Debian LTS.

Josef