Job posting: looking for a combo economist and data scientist

John Eiler

Feb 20, 2015, 2:59:01 PM2/20/15
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
I hope this is an appropriate posting here.  If not, let me know and I'll delete it.

Position:  Economist/Data Scientist

Where:  Washington DC (some telework allowed, but you would need to be located near to DC)

Desired skill set:  We are a group of about 50 people, many with advanced degrees in economics and statistics.  This position is a somewhat atypical one in our group as we look to expand our ability to process an amazing wealth of interesting data we have somewhat recently gained access to.  A PhD, masters, or ABD in economics is helpful but certainly not required.  More important is a solid grasp of statistics and ability to work flexibly with data.  Useful skills would include: database administration, scraping, munging, shredding, merging, etc.

Please respond privately to this email if interested and I can fill you in with additional details and answer any questions you might have.  Thanks!

John E

Feb 22, 2015, 12:09:18 PM2/22/15
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
I'd also be grateful for any tips on where to post for data scientists with some sort of economics leanings.  We know how to hire economists but we're pretty clueless at how to find data scientists!  Thanks.

Suhi A

Apr 8, 2015, 1:27:15 PM4/8/15
to pystat...@googlegroups.com
HI,