"Remote plot" within PyQt4 application bundle with cx_freeze/Pyinstaller

Liu Siyan

Sep 21, 2017, 12:20:12 PM9/21/17
to pyqtgraph
Hi everyone,

I encountered a tricky problem recently when I want to build a small PyQT4 application with Pyqtgraph, due to the concerning of plotting speed, I choose the RemoteGraphicView to plot the scatterplot in my app, everything was good in PyCharm but when I run the executable application, the app will continuously creating another main GUI instance and froze the original one, then crash. Exactly same issues with the following 2 links:

I tried to add multiprocessing.freeze_support() right after  if __name__ == '__main__':   and rebuild the application but it was not helping at all.  After check line by line I found when the app reached "win = pg.widgets.RemoteGraphicsView.RemoteGraphicsView()" , it will starting generate endless instance of main GUI. I tried cx_freeze and pyinstaller and I saw the same issue.  At last I tested the simple remote plot example within pyqtgraph and created a application with both cx_freeze and pyinstaller, it was not plotting at all and just show black console window without any info, when I check windows task manager, I can see app instance is continuously generated unless I shut down the console window.

Does anyone has any ideas or clues about this issue? Thanks in advance!

Siyan