No curve with Python 3 and segfault with Python 2

scls

Oct 13, 2015, 12:39:25 PM10/13/15
to pyqtgraph
Hello,

I'm facing a problem with an example with PyQtGraph.
This example works fine with Anaconda Python (2 and 3) under Mac OS X
but this same code segfault with Python 2 and no curve is
displayed with Python 3 under Linux (Raspberry Pi Jessie)

Any idea ?

Kind regards
main.py

Big Stone

Oct 15, 2015, 2:00:09 AM10/15/15
to pyqtgraph
The refresh rate seems barely sustainable on a windows pc. Maybe should you try to slow buy 10x the re-drawing requirements ?

s.ce...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2015, 2:59:51 AM10/15/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Big Stone,

I don't think that's the problem.

There is a hint with integer on x axis (I'm using a unix timestamp)
which behave differently on OS X and Raspberry Pi

You might have a look at

cd numpy-buffer
python setup.py install

than compare

python samples/sample_pyqtgraph_no_datetime.py

and

python samples/sample_pyqtgraph_with_datetime.py

both works fine on OS X (and maybe on Windows)

but samples/sample_pyqtgraph_with_datetime.py doesn't works
under Linux (with Raspberry Pi)

It's not a refresh rate problem here

problem appears (only on Linux) when axisItems parameter is passed to addPlot method

self.plot = self.win.addPlot(title='Timed data', axisItems={'bottom': TimeAxisItem(orientation='bottom')})

Some help will be great because ploting time series will be nice.

Kind regards