Changing background color of existing plot

da...@ionetix.com

Oct 18, 2017, 11:36:34 AM10/18/17
to pyqtgraph
I'm sorry, I'm sure this is an extremely basic question, but I've been unable to sort it out.

I have a plot contained in a window.  I'd like to be able to change the background of the entire plot, including behind the axis labels, extending all the way to the boundary of the graphics area. (but not to the edge of the window)

Thus far, I've only been able to figure out how to change the color of the background of the area within the axes, using vb.setBackgroundColor.  This doesn't quite do what I need. I can also change the default values using setConfigOption, but again - I'd like to be able to change the background of a plot that's already been rendered.

What am I missing?

Relevant code:
        # Make a sample graph

self.plotView = pg.GraphicsLayoutWidget()

self.inlinePlot = self.plotView.addPlot()

self.curve = self.inlinePlot.plot(x,y)

        layout
= QtGui.QGridLayout(self)
        layout