Flicker when using QGraphicsView and QGLWidget

Zach Lowry

Apr 6, 2017, 11:59:48 AM4/6/17
to pyqtgraph
Hello All,

I have an application which uses QGLWidget as the viewport of a QGraphicsView. I mix rendering 2D widgets with a 3D MeshItem that I rotate and pan around the screen, I've set this up according to an example I found that was posted on these forums some time ago. The problem is that there is a flicker that occurs on every re-render of the QGraphicsView. I've isolated it down to the QGLWidget's paintGL method clearing the buffer back to the background color, when then removed the 2D widgets from the view. They're re-rendered to the view immediately after this, but the flicker is pretty frustrating especially when we're playing video on the 3D meshitem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could work around this?

Thanks,

--Zach