sync video playback

philipp...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2015, 12:15:04 PM9/20/15
to pyqtgraph
Hi,

New to pyqtgraph.
I have 2 or 3 videos to play synchronised (playback, read frame by frame, go to x frame, ...).
They are mp4 / h264 codec.
I will have to display some markers on top of it.

Is pyqtgraph a good module to do that ?
I checked the documentation and it seems great for pictures, but I did not find much about videos (like how to read mp4/h264 movies).

thanks,

Jakob Lover

Sep 24, 2015, 5:48:35 PM9/24/15
to pyqtgraph
I'd love to know this as well, as I'm working on a similar project.

Charles Lao

Jul 19, 2016, 6:57:12 AM7/19/16
to pyqtgraph
I am trying to do the exact same thing - tried openCV while synchronised playback frame by frame is not a problem, going to x frame and then playback is pretty slow...
Anybody find a solutions yet?

Luke Campagnola

Jul 20, 2016, 10:47:57 AM7/20/16
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
PyQtGraph is good for displaying video streams (one of its original purposes was for viewing live camera data).
However it does not know anything about video formats. For that you need a different library like ffmpeg to read the frames. After that, it is up to you to decide exactly when each frame should be displayed. See: examples/ImageItem.py