wxpython

Luciano Bispo

Mar 29, 2015, 7:51:30 PM3/29/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I'm trying to develop a GUI using pyvisa and pyqtgraph to display data from multimeters (Keithley). I already know how to do it with pyqtgraph, but I didn't get how to add my code to a wxpython toolkit. Could you help me?, please.

Thanks.

Luke Campagnola

Mar 29, 2015, 7:57:33 PM3/29/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
I'm not even sure it is possible to mix Wx and PyQt. Does some part of your system have a Wx requirement?

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Luciano Bispo <lucia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I'm trying to develop a GUI using pyvisa and pyqtgraph to display data from multimeters (Keithley). I already know how to do it with pyqtgraph, but I didn't get how to add my code to a wxpython toolkit. Could you help me?, please.

Thanks.

Luciano Bispo

Mar 29, 2015, 8:15:50 PM3/29/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, but I am able to do wx apps. Do you think it is better to give it up and use pyqt?

Luke Campagnola

Mar 29, 2015, 8:32:22 PM3/29/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
Unless you can figure out how to combine them, you'll have to give up one or the other. Personally, I think Qt is currently the best UI toolkit available for Python but its learning curve is a bit steeper than Wx and Tk.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Luciano Bispo <lucia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, but I am able to do wx apps. Do you think it is better to give it up and use pyqt?

Luciano Bispo

Mar 29, 2015, 8:40:06 PM3/29/15
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
You are right! Actually, I thought it was easy, but if you don't think so, I 'll learn pyqt. Thank you very much for your help.