Updating GraphicsWindow in QApplication MDI

Jon Lederman

Aug 30, 2016, 10:33:43 PM8/30/16
to pyqtgraph
Hi,

I am using a the GraphicsWindow object embedded in a QApplication as follows (self is a class derived from QApplication).
The function stream() below receives data in real-time and updates the GraphicsWindow in real-time with the received data.

 p = pg.GraphicsWindow(title="Stream and Process")
 self.mdi.addSubWindow(p)
 p.show()
 stream(p)

Everything works fine when GraphicsWindow is run standalone.  However, when I utilize GraphicsWindow inside a QApplication as in the above code, the QApplicationWindow doesn't update in real-time and in fact doesn't appear until stream has completed.  When the call to stream finishes, the GraphicsWindow does finally appear with the data.  How can I make this work and update in real-time?  I've attached a screenshot of the QApplication window with the embedded GraphicsWindow that appears upon completion of stream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Jon
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 10.33.09 PM.png