Process for adding new trove classifiers

Tim Graham

Mar 6, 2017, 9:44:53 PM3/6/17
to pypa-dev
Hi,

There are a number of trove classifier requests on GitHub issues [0] but it's unclear how to move them forward. Is it just a matter of finding the person with the proper permissions to do the updates? The delay is bothersome for Django when apps want to declare compatibility with the latest Django release but can't be uploaded to PyPI because the new version classifier doesn't exist.

If there's something to do to help streamline the process,I might be able to help.

Thanks!

Tim Graham

Apr 5, 2017, 1:35:49 PM4/5/17
to pypa-dev
I pinged Donald (dstufft) on IRC and he said, "the process is basically me finding time to do it, that doesn't have a streamlined way to handle it yet so it's a bit annoying and I've just not had much time to poke at it."

Sumana Harihareswara

Apr 13, 2020, 6:47:45 PM4/13/20
to pypa-dev
There's a new process: file an issue at https://github.com/pypa/trove-classifiers .