pypa.io cert is being rejected by Chrome

Jon Wayne Parrott

Oct 16, 2017, 5:39:36 PM10/16/17
to pypa-dev
Chrome recently blacklisted some CAs and pypa.io's SSL cert is now invalid.

I'm not sure who can fix that, but I'm happy to help if I can. :)

Sumana Harihareswara

Jan 25, 2018, 11:30:17 AM1/25/18
to pypa...@googlegroups.com
On 10/16/2017 05:39 PM, Jon Wayne Parrott wrote:
> Chrome recently blacklisted some CAs and pypa.io's SSL cert is now invalid.
>
> I'm not sure who can fix that, but I'm happy to help if I can. :)

This is still a problem: https://github.com/pypa/pypa.io/issues/21

https://pypa.io does not display in Chrome because of a revoked
certificate from Issuer: StartCom Class 3 OV Server CA. As the Warehouse
project ramps up and I'm pointing more people to relevant PyPA pages on
pypa.io I'd love for this to be addressed.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting

mman...@python.org

Jan 30, 2018, 1:01:56 AM1/30/18
to pypa-dev
Let me bring this up to the infra team, this past year we deprecated most of our StartCom certs.  We've been migrating to LetsEncrypt or generating a cert via Gandi.

Thanks,
Mark

Sumana Harihareswara

Feb 1, 2018, 4:51:30 PM2/1/18
to mman...@python.org, pypa-dev
There might also be some kind of larger hosting issue with pypa.io .
https://www.pypa.io/en/latest/roadmap/ doesn't reflect the late January
update to https://github.com/pypa/pypa.io/blob/master/source/roadmap.rst .

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting

Dustin Ingram

Feb 1, 2018, 5:09:05 PM2/1/18
to Sumana Harihareswara, Mark Mangoba, pypa-dev
The builds are failing: https://readthedocs.org/projects/pypaio/builds/

I fixed the same issue with the Warehouse docs recently, it requires a
project owner to uncheck the "Install your project inside a virtualenv
using setup.py install" option in the Advanced settings.

Looks like the owners are dstufft, ncoghlan, wqcode and jonparrott,
any of them should be able to fix this.

D.

Jon Wayne Parrott

Feb 1, 2018, 5:32:34 PM2/1/18
to Dustin Ingram, Sumana Harihareswara, Mark Mangoba, pypa-dev
readthedocs builds fixed. :)

Sumana Harihareswara

Feb 20, 2018, 9:54:01 PM2/20/18
to mman...@python.org, pypa-dev
It's now fixed. Thanks, Donald, Mark, and Ernest for fixing this.