PyPI/Warehouse (short) weekly report: beta, pythonhosted docs, PEP 541

Sumana Harihareswara

Mar 28, 2018, 8:38:11 PM3/28/18
to DistUtils mailing list, pypa-dev
(A short report this week that doesn't include as much detail about merged PRs, infrastructure work, and so on, because I've been doing stuff like writing to python-list/comp.lang.python to ask for testing, but next week's will have more.)

Now that PEP 541 is accepted, we are deciding on logistical stuff to implement it and help deal with name transfer requests.

Cool things from the notes from the weekly Warehouse core developers' meeting include: if your PyPI project has docs already uploaded to pythonhosted.org, you can now delete those docs. (Further work on docs transition is forthcoming.) And this week and next week some of our team are busy with other projects, so code review and issue resolution will be a little slower.

We have livechats coming up in Twitter & IRC (next one is Friday the 30th), and tomorrow I hope to speak on the OpenNews community call at noon Eastern Time.

You can help this week by spreading the word about the new PyPI beta and testing it, by opining in our "needs discussion" issues, and by just being your wonderful selves. Thank you for your help and kind words through this whole process. It means a lot.

More soon!
--
Sumana Harihareswara
Warehouse project manager