Giving Pradyun Commit Access for Triaging

Donald Stufft

Jun 24, 2017, 1:30:57 PM6/24/17
to pypa-dev
Hey all,

Pradyun has been helping out by triaging issues and going back through some of our older issues, finding ones that could be closed, labeled etc. However due to the nature of Github’s issue tracker you have to be a committer in order to modify the state of the issues so he generally will comment on the issues to make a suggestion and hope one of us notices that he’s done so. For my part, I’ve yet to disagree with one of his suggestions.

So with that in mind, unless someone objects (which they can do privately to me if they don’t want to do so publicly) I’m going to give Pradyun commit access on the pip repository for the limited purpose of triaging issues. He’s agreed to continue to behave as if he doesn’t have commit access for actually landing code changes (and given we disable force pushes, the risk is fairly low, we can always revert if need be).

Donald Stufft

Jason R. Coombs

Jun 24, 2017, 5:16:52 PM6/24/17
to Donald Stufft, pypa-dev
Sounds good to me.

Paul Moore

Jun 25, 2017, 4:24:39 PM6/25/17
to Jason R. Coombs, Donald Stufft, pypa-dev
On 24 June 2017 at 22:16, Jason R. Coombs <jar...@jaraco.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me.

Agreed. The work he's doing is really useful and while (like Donald)
I've been trying to spot the requests and deal with them for him, it
does add a needless extra step. His judgements have always been fine,
so I'm OK with him just acting on them. @Pradyun, if you ever feel
uncertain about a decision, feel free to make a suggestion and ping as
at present, I'm still happy to respond if needed.

Paul

Carol Willing

Jun 25, 2017, 5:51:53 PM6/25/17
to pypa-dev, jar...@jaraco.com, don...@stufft.io
Sounds like an excellent idea to give privileges for Triaging. @Pradyun, If you need any help, please let me know. I have some GitHub stored comments that I use when triaging Jupyter issues. Happy to pass along the info to you. Most of all, thanks for taking on this task :D

Pradyun Gedam

Jun 25, 2017, 11:49:48 PM6/25/17
to Carol Willing, pypa-dev, jar...@jaraco.com, don...@stufft.io, Paul Moore
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 1:24:39 PM UTC-7, p.f.moore wrote:
On 24 June 2017 at 22:16, Jason R. Coombs <jar...@jaraco.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me.

Agreed. The work he's doing is really useful and while (like Donald)
I've been trying to spot the requests and deal with them for him, it
does add a needless extra step. His judgements have always been fine,
so I'm OK with him just acting on them. @Pradyun, if you ever feel
uncertain about a decision, feel free to make a suggestion and ping as
at present, I'm still happy to respond if needed.

Paul

Thanks Paul! I definitely will be ping you (and Donald) if I have any doubt about what to do. :)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 at 03:21 Carol Willing <will...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds like an excellent idea to give privileges for Triaging. @Pradyun, If you need any help, please let me know.

Thanks Carol!

I have some GitHub stored comments that I use when triaging Jupyter issues. Happy to pass along the info to you.

That would be awesome! How do I get them from you?

Most of all, thanks for taking on this task :D

Welcome! ^.^

--

Pradyun

Xavier Fernandez

Jun 26, 2017, 5:30:43 AM6/26/17
to Pradyun Gedam, Carol Willing, pypa-dev, jar...@jaraco.com, Donald Stufft, Paul Moore
Agreed also, his help is really valuable !

BTW, I'm in the middle of moving in a new apartment hence my absence these last few weeks but should be back on board in july :)

Donald Stufft

Jun 26, 2017, 8:56:09 AM6/26/17
to pypa-dev

On Jun 24, 2017, at 1:30 PM, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

I’m going to give Pradyun commit access on the pip repository for the limited purpose of triaging issues.

This is done, I’ve created a new team called @pip-helpers which has write access to the repository for the sake of doing things like triage issues, but which does not have permissions to push to `master`. I’ve invited Pradyun into that team.

Welcome!

Donald Stufft