Travis CI malfunctioning?

mjen...@foursquare.com

Jul 14, 2015, 3:12:16 PM7/14/15
to pypa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I noticed that as of 5 days ago some of the Travis CI shards for testing Pip were malfunctioning. This has been happening continuously since then, as seen in my PR here https://travis-ci.org/pypa/pip/builds/70792894 and Roy Wellington IV's PR here https://travis-ci.org/pypa/pip/builds/70801357.

Does anybody know what's going on? For example, in both of our x.1 shards, the tests are failing due to this line --

_builtins = {name for name in dir(builtins) if not name.startswith('_')}

-- because set literal notation wasn't introduced until Python 2.7, and the x.1 shard is running on Py2.6.

Does anyone know what caused this or how to fix this?

My apologies in advanced if this was mentioned somewhere and is expected behavior for a few days and I just missed it!

Mathew Jennings

Paul Moore

Jul 14, 2015, 3:33:12 PM7/14/15
to mjen...@foursquare.com, pypa-dev
IIUC, mock dropped support for Python 2.6 just recently. Looks like
(a) they pretty quickly introduced an incompatibility, and (b) pip's
test suite is picking it up. We probably need to force a dependency on
the older version of mock for Python 2.6.

Paul

Paul Moore

Jul 14, 2015, 3:34:15 PM7/14/15
On 14 July 2015 at 20:33, Paul Moore <p.f....@gmail.com> wrote:
> IIUC, mock dropped support for Python 2.6 just recently. Looks like
> (a) they pretty quickly introduced an incompatibility, and (b) pip's
> test suite is picking it up. We probably need to force a dependency on
> the older version of mock for Python 2.6.

Looks like @dstufft is already on it :-) https://github.com/pypa/pip/pull/2975

mjen...@foursquare.com

Jul 14, 2015, 3:44:04 PM7/14/15
to pypa...@googlegroups.com