Moving manylinux machinery into PyPA?

Nathaniel Smith

Jan 30, 2016, 11:32:32 PM1/30/16
to pypa-dev
Hi all,

Now that PEP 513 is accepted, it'd be nice to the manylinux docker image and auditwheel tool into PyPA, I think. And perhaps the delocate tool [1] too, which is basically like auditwheel but for OS X wheels. Agreed yes/no?

If so, how do we go about this? I guess as a practical matter we'd need someone with admin or owner level access to the PyPA organization on github to accept and we'd need some sort of access permissions set up for @njsmith, @rmcgibbo, and @matthew-brett.

(Useful reference: https://help.github.com/articles/transferring-a-repository/)

-n

[1] https://github.com/MacPython/wiki/wiki/Spinning-wheels#so---nothing-can-go-wrong-with-osx-binary-wheels

Nathaniel Smith

Jan 30, 2016, 11:33:27 PM1/30/16
to pypa-dev
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 8:32:32 PM UTC-8, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Now that PEP 513 is accepted, it'd be nice to the manylinux docker image and auditwheel tool into PyPA,

... nice to *move* the manylinux docker image ...

-n

Donald Stufft

Jan 30, 2016, 11:43:16 PM1/30/16
to Nathaniel Smith, pypa-dev

On Jan 30, 2016, at 11:32 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@vorpus.org> wrote:

@njsmith, @rmcgibbo, and @matthew-brett

I've created the pypa/manylinux team and invited these three accounts as members on that team. I believe that should allow you to move the repositories. If not I’ll figure out what else is needed tomorrow.

-----------------
Donald Stufft
PGP: 0x6E3CBCE93372DCFA // 7C6B 7C5D 5E2B 6356 A926 F04F 6E3C BCE9 3372 DCFA

signature.asc

Nathaniel Smith

Jan 30, 2016, 11:51:15 PM1/30/16
to Donald Stufft, pypa-dev
On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2016, at 11:32 PM, Nathaniel Smith <n...@vorpus.org> wrote:
>
> > @njsmith, @rmcgibbo, and @matthew-brett
>

> I've created the pypa/manylinux team and invited these three accounts as
> members on that team. I believe that should allow you to move the
> repositories. If not I’ll figure out what else is needed tomorrow.

It seems to have worked for moving the manylinux and auditwheel repos
-- but apparently I messed up in giving the new pypa/manylinux team
access to the transferred repos during the transfer process, and now
the manylinux team doesn't have access, which means that I don't have
the access to give the manylinux team access :-).

so, uh, if someone with admin rights on pypa has a moment at some
point and could fix that then that would be great thanks :-)

-n

Nathaniel Smith

Jan 31, 2016, 12:18:54 AM1/31/16
to Donald Stufft, pypa-dev
I also took the initiative to register a pypa organization at quay.io,
for distributing the docker images -- happy to transfer ownership to
someone else or add other people to the access list. (In fact it
probably would be good to put some other people on the access list...)

-n

Donald Stufft

Jan 31, 2016, 11:12:34 AM1/31/16
to Nathaniel Smith, pypa-dev
Fixed.

Somehow Robert got added as an outside contributor instead of via the pypa/manylinux team. I went ahead and removed that so as soon as he accepts the invite to the manylinux team he should have access.

I’m not 100% sure about Github’s permission model, so if you need more access to do something just ask and I’ll figure out what else needs done.
signature.asc

Ian Cordasco

Jan 31, 2016, 12:41:25 PM1/31/16
to Donald Stufft, Nathaniel Smith, pypa-dev
FWIW, the PyCQA is figuring out the permission model too right now. I
think we have a good handle on it, so if you need help, give me a
shout on IRC.