Pull requests on pypa/python-packaging-user-guide

Berker Peksag

Apr 14, 2016, 1:23:11 PM4/14/16
to pypa-dev
Hello,

I have opened a pull request a while ago and have addressed all review comments so far:

Update virtualenv and pyvenv information in installing.rst: https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/222

It would be great if someone could take another look at it. In the meantime, I reviewed some of the pull requests:

Ready to merge:

* Improve code snippets in single_source_version.rst: https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/193/
* Explain prominently how to install to /usr/local: https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/230

Mostly ready:

* Prerequisites (it needs to be added to TOC and has trivial markup issues): https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/214

Can be closed:

* pfmoore said that the note is probably not needed: https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/219

Thanks!

Paul Moore

Apr 14, 2016, 1:33:57 PM4/14/16
to Berker Peksag, pypa-dev
I'm happy to merge these but I have one policy question (because it's
been a while since I merged any PRs on the PUG). Is it right that
these are all PRs against master? There is a develop branch as well...

If someone can confirm that master is the right branch, I'll do the merges.

Paul

Berker Peksağ

Apr 14, 2016, 6:49:11 PM4/14/16
to Paul Moore, pypa-dev
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Paul Moore <p.f....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to merge these but I have one policy question (because it's
> been a while since I merged any PRs on the PUG). Is it right that
> these are all PRs against master? There is a develop branch as well...

Yes, all of them
(https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pulls) are
against master. If develop is the main branch, it needs to be set as
default on GitHub (also couldn't find any pointer to the develop
branch in source/contribute.rst).

Thanks!

--Berker

Paul Moore

Apr 15, 2016, 3:38:55 AM4/15/16
to Berker Peksağ, pypa-dev
On 14 April 2016 at 23:48, Berker Peksağ <berker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, all of them
> (https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pulls) are
> against master. If develop is the main branch, it needs to be set as
> default on GitHub (also couldn't find any pointer to the develop
> branch in source/contribute.rst).

Sorry, yes that was my question. It seems that the PUG has new changes
coming in against master whereas all the other pypa projects have
develop as the main branch for PRs, and like you say we don't have any
notes as to why.

But as it's the default on github, I guess all is OK.

Hmm, I just checked - apparently I don't have the permissions to merge
changes into the PUG! I was sure I did - my mistake, but sorry, you're
going to need to wait for someone else to pick this up.
Paul