Warehouse update: highest priority tasks

Sumana Harihareswara

Dec 19, 2017, 7:06:51 PM12/19/17
to pypa...@googlegroups.com
Today the Warehouse project team met to discuss what to deliver first,
in the Maintainer MVP milestone[0] (full notes on the Python wiki[1]).
The point of this first milestone is to give package maintainers a solid
chance to try out Warehouse and report critical bugs early.

We'll include several features to let users change and update your
accounts & project files:
* Enable pages to delete, hide, unhide a project/release/file[2]
* Enable users to modify their own account[3]
* UI for adding maintainers[4]
* Implement "reset lost password" feature[5]

Due to changes in hosting documentation on pythonhosted, we will
implement a button for users to delete or redirect the documentation
they uploaded.[6]

We'll make and maintain a roadmap and publicize it on pypi.org, then
move it to our GitHub repo when work probably slows down after the
launch.[7]

We've slotted in some additional issues, and we made some decisions
about release metadata immutability[8] and a couple other issues you’ll
hear more about on distutils-sig in the next couple days.

So now that we've made this first pass and are fairly confident what’s
left between us and this first milestone, we're figuring out how long
it'll be till we can deliver that. Laura Hampton and I will keep you
posted. And we welcome help in GitHub[9] and feedback on GitHub issues
or here on the list!

-Sumana Harihareswara

[0] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/milestone/8
[1] https://wiki.python.org/psf/PackagingWG/2017-12-19-Warehouse
[2] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/424
[3] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/423
[4] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/956
[5] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1228
[6] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/582
[7] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/1322
[8]
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2017-December/031826.html
[9]
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22

P.S. Thanks to Laura Hampton for help with prep, meeting-running, and