make a db bump with pymysql

William Moreno

Aug 26, 2016, 1:39:10 PM8/26/16
to PyMySQL Users
Hello, I am looking in pymysql docs about do a database dump with pymysql (a backup of a database) but I do not find information about it, even mariadb docs referts to mysqldump to create a backup of the database, I am not sure if pymysql can do a db dump or this may a future for next releases.

Regards

Jay Summet

Aug 26, 2016, 3:13:42 PM8/26/16
to pymysq...@googlegroups.com
PyMySQL will allow your python program to connect to a remote database
server, but you will have to write and execute SQL commands to dump the
data yourself.

You could do this in a database specific way (e.g. only retrieve and
backup the specific data you care about), or in a database neutral way
(use SQL commands to find all of the tables and then dump all of the
data from all of the tables, as well as the metadata needed to re-create
and re-populate all of the tables).

Jay