Please join our Meetup - this list will close down June 15th, 2014

Peter J. Farrell

May 9, 2014, 5:54:08 PM5/9/14
to pym...@googlegroups.com
In efforts to consolidate a number of services we use to put on our monthly meetings, we will soon be exclusively using the mailing list and membership management tools we have at Meetup.

If you have NOT joined our Meetup, please take a moment to do so now as that is the official place to stay updated about PyMNtos:

http://www.meetup.com/PyMNtos-Twin-Cities-Python-User-Group/

This list on Google Groups will be put into archive mode on June 15th, 2014 and no longer allow new posts.

Cheers,
Peter
Manager of PyMNtos

Kyle Marek-Spartz

May 9, 2014, 5:58:25 PM5/9/14
to pym...@googlegroups.com
Job postings are only allowed on the mailing list, if I remember correctly. Will that change?

There was talk of using GitHub for some organizational stuff too. Is that still the case?
--
Meetings Schedule / RVSP on our Meetup at http://python.mn
---

Kyle Marek-Spartz

Peter J. Farrell

May 9, 2014, 6:05:10 PM5/9/14
to pym...@googlegroups.com
Kyle Marek-Spartz said the following on 05/09/2014 04:58 PM:
> Job postings are only allowed on the mailing list, if I remember
> correctly. Will that change?
Yes, they can be announced via our new mailing list on Meetup.com (which
I enabled for all members to use):

http://www.meetup.com/PyMNtos-Twin-Cities-Python-User-Group/messages/archive/

Be sure to post using the same email address you used when signing up
for Meetup.

We also have a more formal job posting requirements guide:

http://www.meetup.com/PyMNtos-Twin-Cities-Python-User-Group/pages/Job_Posting_requirements/

This is mostly because I now get 5-10 requests a week from recruiters
and having a formal policy to point to has been helpful. Thank you to
Jessica McKellar for advising me on how to handle this and pointing me
to the Boston PUG policy.

> There was talk of using GitHub for some organizational stuff too. Is
> that still the case?
Yes, definitely for code / wiki stuff (the Meetup Wiki is painfully bad
for anything other than basic policies / meeting info). I'll get that
setup later this weekend as a group / organization on GitHub.

We will still be using Teamwork for meeting planning / tasks / etc. as
we've been doing for the past 6 months. If anybody is interested in
helping out, please send me your name and email and I will add you to
our project on Teamwork.

--
Peter J. Farrell
Principal Technologist - Maestro Publishing, LLC

* Learn about VSRE. I prioritize emails with VSRE in the subject! http://vsre.info/
* Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/